Published : 2016-08-12 15:49:42
Categories : Our favorites
“Inanimate objects, do you then have souls – Which seize onto our souls and our power to love?”
(Alphonse de Lamartine — Harmonies poétiques et religieuses, Milly ou la terre natale)
The French language sometimes associates to certain objects adjectives which also describe very human features. It is then only natural, when choosing a knife, to look for the qualities of the person to whom it is destined.
● Traditional or current, modern? Intemporal perhaps?
● Simple, earthy or sophisticated?
● Reliable, faithful, available, serviceable?
● Fine and delicate or tough and strong?
● Determined, imposing, awe-inspiring?
● Simple and efficient ?
● Humble and discreet… or confident and extravagant… perhaps even outrageous?
● Noble, elegant… maybe even admirable?
● Cold or warm?
● Bright and shiny or darkly handsome?
● Frank and direct or intriguing and mysterious?
● Sensual ?
Any other ideas? Let us know in the comments!