The maintenance of the edge of your knife requires a material adapted to the type of steel.
Carbon steel and 12C27 stainless steel reguire a natural stone.
440 stainless steel requires a special carbide head sharpener.
• Has the edge of your knife gone blunt over the years ?
• Has your Laguiole’s blade become dull and are you now having to use force to cut things ?
• Has your knife lost its cutting power and are you at a loss for what to do to make it sharp as new ?
Use our Actiforge sharpening service.
This service is designed for the owners of Laguiole folding knives, and the owners of folding or straight knives who wish to have their blades sharpened by a professional cutlery-maker.
Knives which cannot benefit from our sharpening service :
• serrated knives
• knives with blades over 10 cm long
• knives with rusty / damaged / broken blades
Slide the knife-blade over the sharpener several times, being careful to keep an angle of 20° between the knife and the natural stone
Remember to go right to the point of the knife.
If the results are still not satisfactory, it could be that the blade is too worn.
In this case the knife edge needs reworking with a sharpening stone attached to a grinding wheel.
This is a delicate operation which can upset the fine line of the knife edge within seconds.
It is highly recommended to leave this job to a professional.